CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Taylor's wedding, Memorial Weekend and a kidney stone to top it off!

My family's newest family picture. Below is the explaination on why Daniel looks miserable. (P.S. My bro. Jordan on the far left proposed to his fiance Brook on the 2nd. They are getting married July 17, and she is holding her little boy, my future nephew, Rylan.) The fam is certainly growing.
Usually my family goes to our ranch on the Arizona Strip for Memorial Day weekend but this year my brother Taylor and now wife Bethany were getting married on the 23rd whic is a significant day in our family so we stayed in town.
Little did I know that tragedy would strike the Thursday night before when Daniel called me on his way home from working in Cedar saying that his back was hurting and that I needed to pick him up. When I showed up he was in so much pain that he decided we needed to go to the emergency room. Having no insurance I was a little paniced about that but we went anyway. Once we walked in the door he threw up three times and I knew it was more serious than back spasms. Sure enough, after some tests we found out it was kidney stones due to drinking too much soda. Hate to say I told you so. :) I have never seen Daniel in such bad shape and it was awful to see him in a hospital bed dying.
They sent us home a few hours later, the kidney stone passed the next morning, but the pain and throwing up didn't stop.
My brother's wedding was the next day and Daniel still didn't have the strength to make it to the temple.
While I was at the reception he drove himself to the emergency room again (unbeknowst to me) and had to get an IV because he was so dehydrated.
It was a bittersweet weekend but he's okay now and that's all that matters! My advice, he has given up drinking pop for the most part, and dropped 13 pounds!


P.S. The wedding was flawless and Bethany looked beautiful!

3 comments:

Kylene said...

Aww! That is horrible! Makes me want to stop drinking soda for sure now!

Claudia/Rob said...

I think that family photo from the day of Taylor and Bethany's wedding is so cute!! :) That's sad abput Daniel (I gotta get rob to stop drinking soda!) LOVe ya ANNIE! :)

judd and ash said...

It is not the soda it is the lack of water! Get your facts straight. Don't ever give up the Pepsi Daniel