CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fourth of July means it's Bundy Reunion time!

Let me just tell you how excited I was about going to the ranch this year. I couldn't sleep the night before - like a little kid! I don't know if I was just excited about getting to the ranch for the first time in a year or going on a vacation for the first time since Christmas.

This year by far was one of the greatest because it was Daniel's first time going to the "Big Reunion". He adjusted quite well to the Bundy Life and even got a double ringer in the horseshoe tournament. Way to go Daniel! It rained on and off so it wasn't as dusty as usual which was nice for fourwheeling and I love the smell of rain!

One thing I was really looking forward to was dancing with Daniel at the dances they have on Friday night and Saturday night. Yes...cousins dancing with cousins.... we are all related. 1,200 people came this year! Anyway, Daniel and I got to the dance Friday night, he took one look at the couples swing dancing and doing "the pretzel" and said "They are dancing too fast!" I thought it was so funny. That's just how they dance in Bundyville. He humored me and we had a blast dancing to "Cotton Eye Joe".

On Sunday we were able to go to the reminiscing meeting which was neat because it was all about my great grandpa James Bundy. I learned some neat things about him that I have never taken the time to find out.

I'm so proud of my Bundy heritage and love that side of my family so much. It's cool coming from cowboys!!
My cowboy! :) The only good picture I got of us the whole trip.
Yes, Taylor and Bethany did bring Sadie to church with them. :) And Taylor drank a Pepsi the whole meeting. That's allowed out there.

Jordan and Brook. Getting married next weekend!

All the people at church. This cement slab is also where they have the dances.
The view from our trailer. Can you see why I love this place?

I was sad that more of my family wasn't able to come, but the seven of us had a blast. Most of my fourth of July's have been without fireworks (obviously) but I made up for it this year by winning a game of Pit and Pinochle! Jealous?

2 comments:

LudvigsonFamily said...

Hi Annie,
This is your long lost cousin Rachele! I just loved reading your post about the Bundy reunion. I can't even remember the last time I went, I think I was around 12 years old. I remember the dance and dancing with our cousin Trevor!! You are a doll and tell your family hi for me!

Ammon & Hayley Bradshaw said...

this makes me so happy :) the family reunion is the best! And it's not even my family!! :)