CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

What we have been up to for 2 months!


So....not having Internet at our new apartment has been a killer to the blog. Even as I am writing this post I am sitting outside the computer center at the college using their Internet. I gotta check my e-mail somehow!

I will try to update more now that some big events are starting to take place. I have had a stressful couple of months. I never thought the economy crisis would effect my teaching job but it has. The whole state has been on a hiring freeze and after about 10 or so screening interviews with school districts all over the state I finally spoke with the assistant superintendant of Alpine and he seemed pretty willing to find me a job there. I would love to stay in St. George but my wonderful husband is very willing to go wherever I I find a job and there's a college close by for him. He has decided to go into Criminal Justice and will have his associates in December. He is planning on looking for a police department that will put him through the academy next spring.

One of the main reasons I need to get a teaching job is so we can get insurance so we can start a family. I have had a little niece and a nephew both need heart surgery in infacy and it scares me to death to think of getting pregnant and having a baby without that peace of mind. If I'm not able to get a job then it puts more pressure on Daniel to find an officer job quickly so we can get insurance through his job.

We have been praying for something to work out. We feel like it's a righteous endeavor to want to start a family and Heavenly Father will bless us in those kinds of things. Not to mention I am so tired of being poor! I am just ready for things to turn around and hopefully a teaching job will help us.

So... our last couple of months have been tough but student teaching has been great, my mentor and class are the best, Daniel has been able to play a lot of basketball and softball which he loves, and we have been getting through day to day and paycheck to paycheck. I guess it makes you stronger!

5 comments:

The Oler Family said...

Wait so did I catch that? Are you moving to Alpine School District as in like Highland/Lehi area? Its so great to finally hear about you. I hope everything works out for the best.

Milissa Texas SuperMOM! said...

you guys can't move! we hardly get to see you as it is. ;) I love the top picture by the way! It's so cute.

The Smith's said...

Hey Annie! How are you doing? It seems like it has been forever since I have seen you or even talked to you! So I thought I would just drop in a little hello. And best of luck with everything. I know things will work out.

Ashley said...

Wow! So wait, you will be moving up North? Good for you guys! You will at least be close to Ashlie and Judd! It's good to see the updated blog :)

Jeff and Kristy said...

Hey I just saw your blog link on Rachele's, I didn't know you had one. Anyway, I'm adding you to my page. Hope you are well!