CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Running

Back in July my friends Ashlye, Claudia, and I started do the training program "Couch to 5k in 7 Weeks". The whole point of it was to lose weight. Overall, I lost about 3 pounds! Haha. Our first 5k was the Swiss Days 5k in Santa Clara in September. I felt really good after and started looking for other races. The next one I did was the Midnight 5k at the college October 1 with Ashlye. That one was miserable and I missed my time by 5 seconds! The last 5k I ran was the "Save a Sister" 5k on October 23 with my sister in law Ashlie. I beat my time that time. I had been weighing myself after running and doing spin and nothing was happening. I have been super stressed at work lately and was really nervous about all the changes that have been going on so finally I had my principal come evaluate me last week. She said that I was doing an amazing job teaching and that all my extra hard work was paying off. That made me feel a lot better. After that I started losing about a pound a day! I think my body was just holding onto the weight from stress. SO........I hit my 10 lbs. weight loss goal and only have 7 left to lose!! I awarded myself with a couple pairs of jeans (in a smaller size mind you) and I won the challenge I had going with Daniel. I'm pretty excited!

Claudia, Ashlye, and I all geared up and ready for the race at 6:30 A.M.

Me after we got home from the race.

My sister in law Ashlie and I after the "Save a Sister" 5k Can you tell how dead we were? Look at our faces!

1 comment:

judd and ash said...

cute pics Annie! I am so proud of you :)